Friday, September 21, 2007

Just a little thought....

So since the time is ticking for the internet, I thought I would just note a thought/observation of the day....

It is amazing here at how fast a chair can appear! So let me explain...

Let´s say I am going to visit a fellow trainee´s family or my host family takes me to their friend´s house or my training group goes to talk to the director of the local school. First, there is a series of welcoming phrases, some kisses on the cheeck or maybe a handshake (but not to strong). Then immeditely they find you a chair and tell you to sit or give you theirs without hesitation. You may only be planning on staying for two minutes or only have one question but then they are offering you food or coffee. It is crazy how hospitable everyone is. You may not even have anything to say but that´s ok...cause it is acceptable to just sit there, in silence, rocking away in the mecadoras (wooden rocking chairs common here).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

aww that's sweet. I wish it was like that here!

muchos abrazos,
Tina

J. Morrison said...

I agree with Tina, plus, how nice to have time to sit and chat! Here most people are pushing you out the door to get to the next thing, not inviting you to stay longer. Wishin you the best ~The Quaz and HB